Dr. Aksoy YAVAŞ
- Yeditepe University, Institute of Social Sciences, PhD in Law, high honour, Istanbul/Turkey, 2015.
- Heidelberg University, Max-Weber Haus Institut, Language Education Program, Heidelberg/Germany, 2009.
- Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law, J.D. Equivalent, top of the class – high honour, Istanbul/Turkey, 2008.
- Utrecht University, Faculty of Law, Erasmus Program, Utrecht/The Netherlands, Fall-2007.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Seminar Program on Law of Torts and Law of Contracts, Washington D.C./USA, 2006.
- English (advanced)
- German (basic)
- Istanbul Bar Association, 2012.
- Maritime Law Association, 2012.
The main areas of expertise of Dr. Aksoy YAVAŞ are maritime law, insurance law, the law of transportation, the law of obligation and administrative law.
Dr. YAVAŞ has been serving as an arbitrator in various arbitration cases regarding maritime law since 2014.
Dr. YAVAŞ participated various (certificate) programs including Heidelberg University, Max Weber Haus Institut, Language Education Programme, (Heidelberg/Germany, 2009), Utrecht University, Faculty of Law (Erasmus Program, Utrecht/the Netherlands, Fall-2007) and American University, Washington College of Law, Seminar Program on Law of Torts and Law of Contracts (Washington D.C./USA, 2006).
- The Liability for Loss and Damages arising out of Carriage of Goods by Container by Road), 12 Levha Yayınları, İstanbul 2016 (*).
- A Discussion of the Obligation to Pay Premiums in Life Insurance Contracts according to Turkish Commercial Code and the Draft Turkish Commercial Code in Comparison with English Law –in Kazancı Legal Database and the Journal of Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Special Issue: Festschrift for the 10th Anniversary of the Founding of Yeditepe University of Faculty of Law, pp. 257-314 (*).
- Selected Decisions of the Court of Appeal Granted From 2007 to 2011 Relating to Contract of Affreightment – Journal of International Trade and Arbitration Law, V.12, I. 1, pp. 229-270 (*).
- Evaluation of the Turkish Commercial Code Art. 1235/1-6 in Comparison with the Draft of Turkish Commercial Code and Anglo-Saxon Law –in Kazancı Legal Database and the Journal of Law of the Sea, Y. 10, I. 1-4, pp. 127-178 (*).